This was the last week of the course.
It summarized safety, organization, volunteerism, and pre-departure advice! I can say that this was honestly a very helpful course. Before the course, I was not aware of how much goes on in abroad volunteering. This course gave me an unbiased view of social problems that would be hard to comprehend if I jumped straight into volunteering abroad without all this prior knowledge. I also completed a survey judging the course. The survey was well put together. It asked a lot of questions about the administration, the team, the mentors, the different subjects in the course, the concentrations, and the resources and links and videos within each week during the course. At the end of the week, there was celebratory music and a tutorial on how to blog through the Omprakash Dashboard.
I have to regularly keep up with my mentor, who is Barclay Martin. She is so sweet and funny. I have Skype called and emailed her a couple of times. I am currently asking her for help on coming up with ideas for my Capstone Project. I have to turn this in 8 weeks within coming back. I want to have a firm idea of what i want to create before I leave for my trip. Also, I have to book my flight ticket from Delhi to Varanasi.
I just completed the whole week today. It was a fairly short lesson and wrap-up.
It summarized safety, organization, volunteerism, and pre-departure advice! I can say that this was honestly a very helpful course. Before the course, I was not aware of how much goes on in abroad volunteering. This course gave me an unbiased view of social problems that would be hard to comprehend if I jumped straight into volunteering abroad without all this prior knowledge. I also completed a survey judging the course. The survey was well put together. It asked a lot of questions about the administration, the team, the mentors, the different subjects in the course, the concentrations, and the resources and links and videos within each week during the course. At the end of the week, there was celebratory music and a tutorial on how to blog through the Omprakash Dashboard.
I have to regularly keep up with my mentor, who is Barclay Martin. She is so sweet and funny. I have Skype called and emailed her a couple of times. I am currently asking her for help on coming up with ideas for my Capstone Project. I have to turn this in 8 weeks within coming back. I want to have a firm idea of what i want to create before I leave for my trip. Also, I have to book my flight ticket from Delhi to Varanasi.
I just completed the whole week today. It was a fairly short lesson and wrap-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment