Today, I worked on my annotated bibliography. I already had 4 sources. I added 2 more. Most of the sources I have are in a different language or on a foreign newspaper. I finally figured out how to cite a foreign language source in MLA format. All of my articles were written after the Delhi gang rape case in December of 2012. They are over different topics that affect women negatively. Most of the outside problems are violence on women through rape, sex trafficking, acid attacks, female feoticide, and dowry. All of these problems have a root. Women are changing in a way that produces no results. I want to introduce exercise, sports, and self-defense so women can literally fight for themselves. Women are changing their dressing habits, their looks, and their lifestyle to try to avoid violence on them. If their changes are not meeting the right results, they can go back to their normal self and try a better change. I want to promote self-defense and exercise, so if such cases every occur (rape happens every 20 minutes), women are prepared for violence and are strong enough to fight back emotionally, mentally, and physically. They will no longer be the "weak" of the two genders or largely inferior to men. Women will feel and actually be stronger than before and can be themselves in public environments. I watched a movie on sex trafficking a month back and cannot find a way to cite it. It is called "Mardaani," which means the "man inside of you." It was a movie on India's sex trafficking hub and was very accurate. I want to promote the "woman inside of you." Women in India and other third world countries, unfortunately, cannot be themselves. Just to stay safe, they change their characteristics. Being safe in your own country should not even be a privilege; it should be a right. I feel like I can research more organizations and see if any have similar ideas. If not, I will ask for Omprakash Foundation to open up a project for me under their name. The final project is nebulous as of now, but I think this is very plausible and should be done.
No comments:
Post a Comment