Friday, October 10, 2014

Thesis Summary for 10/6-10/10/14

10/6 - A lot of people presented their thesis topics. Some were more prepared than others. Some had mentors, and others were still searching. I realized that the power point could be less than 3 slides if it gets the point across. I was expecting the environment to be more nerve-racking, but it was not too bad. My favorite presentations were Manny's and Adrian's presentations. Adrian had great info-graphics and presentation skills. She engaged the audience and turned a very heavy topic into something we could discuss normally. Manny's topic attracted me personally because I like psychology and science stuff like that. I thought her topic was pretty cool. After all the presentations, I worked more on my presentation power point.

10/8 - I went today. I was really, really nervous. I studied for my subject test the night before rather than spending more time working on my presentation. My voice was shaking, so I need to work on that. Also, Yousef killed his presentation right before mine, so my presentation looked extremely bland. My favorite presentation from today was Yousef's presentation. His topic is awesome because I am considering "sports orthopedic" as a career option. Also, he was really confident, had a great deal of information memorized and on the slides, and engaged the audience. After that, we filled out ACT forms.

10/10- The presentations were really good today as well. Lucija killed it. She brought her guitar to demonstrate the chord progressions. Mah-ro had a very influential thesis topic. Changes in voting regulations could truly change representation in the government. Michelle's topic was interesting to me, and she had cool images in her presentation. There were a lot of students who did their thesis on music or music composition. I didn't know that so many of my classmates were interested in music. After presentations, we continued to fill out ACT forms if we didn't complete them the class before.

No comments:

Post a Comment