I learned that I have to be 18 or older to create a project on both Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Mr.Correa suggested to put my parents' names instead and mention it on the project as well. Today, I started my project on Indiegogo. I need to make a video to post on my project and then advertise to make the best of crowd funding. There's about a 9% charge on Indiegogo if I want to do flexible funding, which I have decided to do.
This is what I have written as my story so far:
https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/3df6b815
I put $1800 as my goal. This will be more than enough to complete my trip and kickstart my non-profit organization.
If you want to read the story here:
This is what I have written as my story so far:
https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/3df6b815
I put $1800 as my goal. This will be more than enough to complete my trip and kickstart my non-profit organization.
If you want to read the story here:
Explain what you’re raising money for and how it will
be used
I am currently doing a
thesis on gender roles, the gender gap, gender violence, and gender disparity.
This thesis inspired my trip to India. I am raising money to fund my travel
costs and accommodations to and within India. It is $973.37 for a round-trip flight
ticket from DFW, USA to Mumbai, India. From there I will be flying commercially
to New Delhi, India for $44.50. After volunteering for six weeks with
"People for Parity," a non-profit organization working to curb
gender-based violence throughout the country, and "Stop Acid
Attacks," a team fighting for justice for acid attacks victims, I will be
taking a flight to Varanasi, India, which costs $46. Here, for a week, I will
be talking to women who live around Banaras Hindu University and encourage them
and their daughters to attend school. Then, I will take a train to Mumbai,
India, which costs approximately $33. This is the cheapest and safest
combination to travel. I will have people who know the area and me travel with
me throughout my trip. I have estimated a total of $300 for my lodging, food,
and transportation within the cities for the span of eight weeks. In total, I
need about $1396. 87 to complete this trip successfully. Why do I want this
experience? I want to found a non-profit organization in America named
"Sheroes and Heroes Unite" to fix the gender gap and to discourage
gender disparity throughout the globe. I want to find the inspiration to create
such an organization. I want to see the recipients of this foundation directly,
and I want to see if they need the help from me. Any additional funds will be
transferred into the non-profit's account. I am not totally inexperienced. I am
taking a college - level course through "Omprakash" called
"EdGE." It will prepare me for the obstacles and the surprises that
volunteers face abroad. I have done thorough research about the location, the
people, the troubles and the lives that I am about to enter. I know the local
language, Hindi and the Varanasi dialect, Bhojpuri. I am planning to leave June
4, 2015 and return August 13, 2015 just before college begins. I am ready for
this trip, and I need your help to make it possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment