I talked to the co-Founder of Pratham - USA over the long weekend. His name is Yogi Patel, and he agreed to be my judge when the time comes. He introduced me to "Read-a-thon" online, and told me to use it to raise money for my project. Also, he helped me start my own kick starter. I want to add a video on my Kickstarter page so donors could have a visual of my project. I started working on a photo album for the page and researching statistics of domestic violence, rape, abuse, acid attacks, and illiteracy of women in India. I have contacted the founder of Stop Acid Attacks, but I still have not heard back from him. I am writing my mission statement and goals for the Kickstarter. Today, I worked on some of the statements and technical additions to my Kickstarter page. After the page is mostly complete, I will encourage others to visit my page through social media.
Some similar programs I found:
DARE program:
Another on the news:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/indians-fight-fear-of-rape-with-pepper-spray-a-ladies-gun-and-self-defense-classes/2014/02/14/b8669cc6-93cd-11e3-9e13-770265cf4962_story.html
Some similar programs I found:
DARE program:
- To teach Avoidance of first Hostile Intrusion (To avoid Hostile situations)
- To Teach Verbal & Eye Response to Hostile Intrusion (When he comes uncomfortably close)
- To Teach Reaction to First Physical Contact. (When he grabs your hand)
- To Teach Use of Force to Counter Aggression. (When he starts using force)
- To Teach Defense Tactics to Sexual Assault. (When tries to tear your clothes)
- To Teach Survival & Escape Maneuvers in attempted Rape. (When he tries to penetrate)
- To Teach a Fitness Program for Surviving Adversity. (The Exercises to get fit in a short time)
- To educate about Legal perspectives in Sexual offense (The Law & what is to be done)
Another on the news:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/indians-fight-fear-of-rape-with-pepper-spray-a-ladies-gun-and-self-defense-classes/2014/02/14/b8669cc6-93cd-11e3-9e13-770265cf4962_story.html
No comments:
Post a Comment